Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear all, I'm totally new to Linux and start to learn more about Linux. Here i need some advice on Installing Tripwire. I have uploaded tripwire-2.3.1-186.i586.rpm to my Suse Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need some advice on Installing Tripwire

Dear all,

I'm totally new to Linux and start to learn more about Linux.

Here i need some advice on Installing Tripwire.

I have uploaded tripwire-2.3.1-186.i586.rpm to my Suse Linux 9.3 machines. Then I have install the tripwire by using rpm -i tripwire-2.3.1-186.i586.rpm.(Everything look fine up to here)

Then I start to customize the tripwire. After reading installation guide from a website(redhat website), there should be 3 files under /ect/tripwire/ (twcfg.txt, twpol.txt and twinstall.sh). But when i check on my machine, i only have twcfg.txt only??!!

When i try to open up my twcfg.txt file. I can see
    POLFILE — Specifies the location of the policy file; /etc/tripwire/tw.pol is the default value.

DBFILE — Specifies the location of the database file; /var/lib/tripwire/$(HOSTNAME).twd is the default value.

REPORTFILE — Specifies the location of the report files. By default this value is set to /var/lib/tripwire/report/$(HOSTNAME)-$(DATE).twr.

SITEKEYFILE — Specifies the location of the site key file; /etc/tripwire/site.key is the default value.

LOCALKEYFILE — Specifies the location of the local key file; /etc/tripwire/$(HOSTNAME)-local.key is the default value.

Option only and i suspect a lot of other are missing configurable variables.

Linux User
    SUSE can install files under different locations than Red Hat. You might have to check for a readme file that installed with tripwire to find out where. Another option would be to use the find command to find the missing files.
    Registered Linux User #420832

Just Joined!
    Hi Hal343,

I managed to install triwire yesterday. Anyway thanks for your reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close