Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi! everybody i am building the firewall. i want to combine iptables and squid. so iptables manages 2,3,4 layers, iptables can not process application layer. squid proxy can do that. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

iptables+squid

hi! everybody
    i am building the firewall. i want to combine iptables and squid. so iptables manages 2,3,4 layers, iptables can not process application layer. squid proxy can do that. Can i do iptables and firewall on the same computer (linux)?? anyone can do it, anyone built the same firewall. please help me. if you can share your experience and firewall's script, it is very wonderful. thank you so much.

IPTABLES is your firewall. You can start by reading here, IPTABLES Tutorial.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Just Joined!

squid proxy

hi everyone
    i need some documents to learn about SQUID PROXY. i would like to combine SQUID PROXY and IPTABLES to build firewall system. please help me if you can. thankyou in advance.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Hi,

Your could find some useful information on the site linuxhomenetworking.com atleast to help you get started with Squid.

Controlling Web Access with Squid

The basic for configuring squid.conf is defining ACL on the basis of ip / network, times etc. and then applying these ACLs through http_access allow | deny acl_name directive

This is just to have you started with squid, you could then look out for various acl options to suit your imagination

--Syd