Find the answer to your Linux question:
I run NoScript in my Firefox browser in Windows and some time ago decided to add it to my Linux FF (can't recall my thought process at the time). Suddenly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

NoScript-Unnecessary?

I run NoScript in my Firefox browser in Windows and some time ago decided to add it to my Linux FF (can't recall my thought process at the time). Suddenly my Firefox browsers are really creeping, taking forever to refresh and even text typing is delayed. I recently upgraded to FF 3.0.12 in Ubuntu 8.04 and that might be the cause of the slowness, but I have a feeling that it is NoScript.

So I am thinking to uninstall it, mainly because I doubt that it really does very much for me in Linux as I do not run as Admin. Do you think it has much value in Linux?

If you visit more than a few nefarious(Warez) websites you might want it, but in my opinion, it's a bit too much for most Linux users. Windows on the other hand, well you might want to keep it you know?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.