Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. As i said in subject for this thread, i need something to filter my email. I used Thunderbird before, but last time tried KMail and want to use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I need a spam filter. May you recommend one?

Hi all.
    As i said in subject for this thread, i need something to filter my email. I used Thunderbird before, but last time tried KMail and want to use it as my email program. So i need your recommendation for good spam filter. Thank you.

You could try the SpamAssasin and Evolution method http://krath.dk/linux/evolution_spamfilter/
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Just Joined!
    All right, this is much better! Thanks, man, i will give it a try.

No prob thats what I'm here for
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Linux User

Re: I need a spam filter. May you recommend one?

Quote Originally Posted by z-vet
    Hi all.
    As i said in subject for this thread, i need something to filter my email. I used Thunderbird before, but last time tried KMail and want to use it as my email program. So i need your recommendation for good spam filter. Thank you.
    Have you tried the latest thunderbird? I've heard good things about its spam filter. Maybe you didn't enable it?

Otherwise you could get a yahoo email. I get no spam with my account and I've had it for several years. Only disadvantage is it's not POP3
    --monkey

Just Joined!
    monkey8
    Yes, man, i tried Thunderbird and worked with it for a last year or even more. It does a good job filtering spam but it provides just basic functionality in compare to KMail (for example, you can't minimize it to tray). Yahoo mail is good maybe, i don't know, but i have a pop3 account my ISP provides and there is too many things i recieve to this account, so migrating will be a pain... Anyway, thanks for reply.