Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, Most the time I run OpenSSH/SSH taking control of a remote Linux/Unix PC for administration via Internet/Public IP. Now I need taking remote control of a Windows PC ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

About remote access

Hi folks,

Most the time I run OpenSSH/SSH taking control of a remote Linux/Unix PC for administration via Internet/Public IP. Now I need taking remote control of a Windows PC through Internet/Public IP. But OpenSSH dosen't work on Windows. OpenVPN/VPN is only attaching the local PC to a remote network through a secured line. What will be the alternative of OpenSSH which works on Windows. I don't need GUI only to work on console. TIA

B.R.
    satimis

Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    Hi folks,

Most the time I run OpenSSH/SSH taking control of a remote Linux/Unix PC for administration via Internet/Public IP. Now I need taking remote control of a Windows PC through Internet/Public IP. But OpenSSH dosen't work on Windows. OpenVPN/VPN is only attaching the local PC to a remote network through a secured line. What will be the alternative of OpenSSH which works on Windows. I don't need GUI only to work on console. TIA

B.R.
    satimis
    teamviewer beta works well (for working on windows from linux)
    teamviewer.com/download/
    (free for personal use)
    -OR-
    SSH Tunneling with RDP (Good for Windows -to- Linux(sshd server) -to- Windows using Putty...Linux can be used too)
    (for RDP Client on Linux sourceforge.net/projects/rdesktop/ )

Guides:
    decheser.org/docs/rdp_over_ssh.htm
    ece-help.gatech.edu/pc/remote-desk.html
    ribbed.us/guides/connect-to-windows-using-remote-desktop-via-ssh/
    Last edited by dmk06; 06-11-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: adding urls