Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I want to learn using SSH (Secure Shell) service in linux and connect to SSH server with PuTTY to test some commands, but I have not worked with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to use SSH(Secure Shell) Service in linux?

Hi all

I want to learn using SSH (Secure Shell) service in linux and connect to SSH server with PuTTY to test some commands, but I
    have not worked with it yet;

I have Ubuntu 9.04 on my "Virtual Machine" and my host OS is Win.XP and I have installed "OpenSSH server" and "PuTTY" from the ubuntu repository,

Is this action rational?
    I mean I want to connect from PuTTY on linux(on VM) to the SSH Server on linux?

(Meanwhile, I have no work with the host Windows and just wanna test it on the linux!)

If so, please tell me where should I see the "Host Name/Ip Address" of the SSH Server to enter in the PuTTy's dialog?
    In windows we can use "ipconfig" command to see the IP Addresses, but I don't know what is the command in linx for this purpose?

Please help me with this to use SSH Service in ubuntu correctly, I'm so hurry?!!!

TIA

Duplicate threads/posts are not allowed here. It is against Forum Rules. Continue at your other thread only.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First