Find the answer to your Linux question:
I run a laptop with Windows 7 (64-bit). Sometimes I boot Linux from an image on CD. So basically the Linux OS runs temporarily in the ram (so on shutdown ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Virus Migration Across Partitions

I run a laptop with Windows 7 (64-bit). Sometimes I boot Linux from an image on CD. So basically the Linux OS runs temporarily in the ram (so on shutdown any files are removed unless saved to external mediums).

Is it possible for a Linux virus to migrate over to my Windows partition? When running Linux can a windows virus "find" the windows partition and infect it?

The windows partition is accessible from the temporary Linux partition and files can be moved manually between the two.

no to both.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Is it possible for a Linux virus to migrate over to my Windows partition? When running Linux can a windows virus "find" the windows partition and infect it?
    The windows partition is accessible from the temporary Linux partition and files can be moved manually between the two.
    Virus cannot find Windows Partitions. Windows Virus doesn't know what to do and how to navigate in Linux.

If you move infected files from Linux to Windows Partition manually, there are chances of virus infection in Windows OS.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First