Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I am using the latest version of Plesk with my CentOS server. For some reason, CBL keeps listing my server's IP address. I made the open relay tests, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] CBL Keeps Listing

Hi all,

I am using the latest version of Plesk with my CentOS server. For some reason, CBL keeps listing my server's IP address. I made the open relay tests, no problem with that. I checked the server for rootkits, also no problem with that. After reading the documentation, I learnt that CBL is not listing for relay problems but spam sending proxies or trojans. I checked the email logs and found only two non-existant domain emails which are from watchdog from the email address of "watchdog(at)companyname.localdomain". And the rest seems as valid addresses and real emails. I am not sure if they will add me to the list for these two emails.

I have to look for the other possibilities. What else may cause the problem? And how to detect it?

I'll appreciate any help.

Best Regards
    telmessos

Just Joined!
    I found the solution and wanted to share it here. Some people may have the same problem in the future. By default, Plesk comes with a record of 127.0.0.0/8 in the email white listed addresses section. By leaving it this way, you are not properly stopping spams sent by your server. If you like to limit your SMTP server only relaying your server IP addresses, remove the record of 127.0.0.0/8 record on the white list and leave only 127.0.0.1/32 (maybe the IP addresses of your server).

Thanks and regards
    Ceyhun