Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, how to get the built-in sftp on openssh to set the date modified of uploaded file properly? I use FileZilla client and saw the log file uses chtime command ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sftp on OpenSSH - change date modified, second is missing

Hi, how to get the built-in sftp on openssh to set the date modified of uploaded file properly?

I use FileZilla client and saw the log file uses chtime command to ask OpenSSH to set the date modified. but when i refresh the server date, the second is missing. it simply shows zero on the second while the rest is the correct date/time: xx/xx/xxxx xx:xx:00.

Why this happened, how to fix this?

Oh ya. I am windows guy. I use OpenSSH under Cygwin and FileZilla client also in windows. Any body realize this in Linux? I unable to get any result from google.

I need this to synchronize or incremental file upload (overwrite if source newer)

Just Joined!
    Not a direct answer to your question but if you require incremental uploads have you considered using rsync (over SSH)?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by unspawn View Post
    Not a direct answer to your question but if you require incremental uploads have you considered using rsync (over SSH)?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am trying to see the UI for windows but it is not the solution. I am not sure what are the rsync protocol either http or what. I use sftp because normally we upload web files using FTP client. All are windows guy here. only because I want to use the OpenSSH to get the sftp to work, I become half of linux guy.

So If I change the way to upload to rsync I believe they don't want to follow.

Back to the openssh sftp problem, anyone realize this in Linux sftp? or maybe it occur in Cygwin?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close