Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've looked through this site as well as many others. I know little to nothing about Linux and I put Ubuntu on my server computer because we kept getting attacked. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DDoS Flood IPtables Rules/Script

I've looked through this site as well as many others. I know little to nothing about Linux and I put Ubuntu on my server computer because we kept getting attacked. Programs are too expensive for Windows.

The closest thing I've found to what we're looking for, which is to protect open ports against malicious traffic on TCP as well as UDP ports, is this:

Code:
    forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1031456
    It doesn't fully protect against UDP attacks from what someone tells me. I'm working with someone else who is familiar with Linux. He's tried several scripts but none of them have worked. I know that what I want is possible become another community has the same firewall and scripts, but they will not share what they use.

Again, just to be clear, I'm looking for rules/scripts for IPtables on Ubuntu that will protect against flooding, IP spoofing, and other DDoS attacks on OPEN ports and will still allow non-malicious traffic. My community is for hosting game servers, so certain ports have to remain open.

Take a look at Fail2ban.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted