Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I don't know specifically what your message means, or why you are getting it, but my first action would be to go to synaptic and reinstall clamav. By doing this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I don't know specifically what your message means, or why you are getting it, but my first action would be to go to synaptic and reinstall clamav. By doing this you make sure that all the current tools and packages are installed properly. In my limited experience, it is most often easier and quicker to reinstall a package than trouble shoot it.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Hi,
    How would I go about uninstalling it now? I installed it through the terminal.

Go into synaptic find clamav on the list of installed packages and check it for removal.
    Registered Linux user #526930

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hi,
    I uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it. And when I ran freshclam it gave me the same exact warning message as before....

I will try once again.

On this laptop, I have MoonOS. And it is having troubles with updating also. It keeps saying that the connection to the repository isn't good or something. And the MoonOS people on their forums say that the repositories are fine.

Maybe I should wipe the laptop down and reinstalled the whole operating system?

EDIT:
    I reinstalled the MoonOS and reinstalled everything. But still when I run Freshclam it says the warning message about the current functionality.
    Last edited by jreidsma; 09-07-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2