Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am creating my own Linux iso. However, when I run that iso, after doing some stuff it ask me for login password. I want to bypass this so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to bypass login in linux console

Hi,

I am creating my own Linux iso. However, when I run that iso, after doing some stuff it ask me for login password. I want to bypass this so that my rest of the work will continue. Any suggestion on this?

Thank in advance
    Aditya

Needs more details on the context for the password prompt to get a meaningful answer.

Just Joined!
    Hi,

I want when I boot this custom iso it should not ask me for the login credentials. After booting it should directly land me to console.

Thanks
    Aditya

Assuming that what you want is a non-graphical shell running as root on the primary console (i.e. runlevel 3), have a look at this: automation - Auto-login to console as root - no Xserver - Ask Ubuntu - Stack Exchange

Depending on your distro, you may need /sbin/mingetty instead of /sbin/getty.

It's much more distro and graphical desktop environment dependent if what you want is say, a Gnome desktop launched as root. Google "autologin console" and you'll find lots of stuff.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply.

I am not able to find etc/tty1.conf file. I am working in Debian based Linux.

Thanks
    Aditya

Quote Originally Posted by Aditya1685 View Post

I am not able to find etc/tty1.conf file.
    I imagine not. The article references /etc/init/tty1.conf. If it doesn't exist, there should be a tty.conf. Copy that to tty1.conf and edit as indicated.