Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm interested if anyone has come across or has implemented a 'mini' hardware firewall along the lines of the Raspberry Pi - a minimal board with 2 RJ-45 ethernet connectivity? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Mini Firewall Hardware

I'm interested if anyone has come across or has implemented a 'mini' hardware firewall along the lines of the Raspberry Pi - a minimal board with 2 RJ-45 ethernet connectivity? Seems to me that a linux capable 'mini' is an excellent low power solution to a personal firewall/router/proxy. Comments welcome. Link below suggests what I'm up to. Cheers.

reghardware.com/2012/05/10/product_round_up_arm_mini_computers_the_best_and_t he_rest/]Best and the Rest: ARM Mini PCs ? reghardware

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharmaseals View Post
    I'm interested if anyone has come across or has implemented a 'mini' hardware firewall along the lines of the Raspberry Pi - a minimal board with 2 RJ-45 ethernet connectivity? Seems to me that a linux capable 'mini' is an excellent low power solution to a personal firewall/router/proxy. Comments welcome. Link below suggests what I'm up to. Cheers.

reghardware.com/2012/05/10/product_round_up_arm_mini_computers_the_best_and_t he_rest/]Best and the Rest: ARM Mini PCs ? reghardware
    The raspberry pi only has a single NIC but I guess you could try a USB based NIC (a quick look in amazon shows one for 15).

I'm still waiting for a chance to buy one, but I only registered when I got to work at around 8:45.