Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running Apache 2.4 on CentOS 6.0 and I'm trying to improve the performance and security of Apache. I noticed in the config file there are a lot of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache 2 Modules

I am running Apache 2.4 on CentOS 6.0 and I'm trying to improve the performance and security of Apache.

I noticed in the config file there are a lot of apache modules loaded by default. Are all these necessary? I would be grateful for some advice on which modules I need.

Just Joined!
    Hi Kindly find the basic modules needed for apache

1. httpd_core - The core Apache features, required in every Apache installation.

2. mod_access - Provides access control based on client hostname, IP address, or other characteristics of the client request.
    Because this module is needed to use "order", "allow" and "deny" directives, it should remain enabled.

3.mod_auth - Required in order to implement user authentication using text files (HTTP Basic Authentication), which was
    specified in functionality assumptions.

4. mod_dir -Required to search and serve directory index files: "index.html", "default.htm", etc.

5.mod_log_config - Required to implement logging of the requests made to the server.

6 .mod_mime - Required to set the character set, content- encoding, handler, content-language, and MIME types of documents.

Regards
    Velan-support