Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been looking at various linux based firewall's that will help me in a few area's; so far the ones I've came across is. Untangle IPCop IPFire Smoothwall Alpine Engarde ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Looking at a linux firewall?

I've been looking at various linux based firewall's that will help me in a few area's;
    so far the ones I've came across is.

Untangle
    IPCop
    IPFire
    Smoothwall
    Alpine
    Engarde
    pfSense

I've tried pfSense and it worked great at first, until I upgraded my internet threw my ISP.
    so now I'm looking for some other idea's
    what I need it to do (and this is the main thing I want) is to monitor bandwidth / manage it.

and I would like to be able to break this monitoring / managing to be broken down to per-pc

What I'm doing is hosting lan parties, and over the past few years we've gotten to the point where the internet network (we have some guys who like to play League Of Legends, Starcraft 2 and other games that REQUIRE internet access) find its way to slow due to random people downloading things, so with the ability to monitor bandwidth we can see who is using to much and ask them to stop before it becomes a problem.

Just Joined!
    Smoothwall is worth a look.

Here is a list of mods that can be installed at V. 3. That will do a lot of what you require
    h.t.t.p://community.smoothwall.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=23845