Find the answer to your Linux question:
My CSF keeps blocking me from going to webmin and sometimes to me site and even SSH. I added my ip to whitelist but i have a dynamic ip so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation My CSF is blocking me from webmin

My CSF keeps blocking me from going to webmin and sometimes to me site and even SSH. I added my ip to whitelist but i have a dynamic ip so this is not a permanent solution.

What can i do?

Also most importantly. I have changed my webmin and SSH ports. So I think that is the reason but i dont know how to fix this issue.
    Last edited by Website; 10-01-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: additional info

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Website View Post
    My CSF keeps blocking me from going to webmin and sometimes to me site and even SSH.
    what exactly is CSF?

I added my ip to whitelist but i have a dynamic ip so this is not a permanent solution.
    I'm not sure what you mean here, but you can register for a free domain name at http://www.no-ip.com, check out the No-IP Free. basically, you supply your public ip address (they will detect it for you) and you supply a subdomain name, like "joeblow" and it gets prepended to one of a list of their domain names. so you might wind up with the domain name "joeblow.no-ip.org" resolving to your public ip address. then you need to install a client that will periodically maintain this domain name to ip address record (in case your public ip address is changed on you by your ISP, for instance).

then you will be able to ssh to "joeblow.no-ip.org" or point a browser at it (provided those ports are listening and not blocked), just as if you were using the ip address before.