Find the answer to your Linux question:
Could anyone let me know how I could set up an encrypted email hosting/server like hushmail.com or cryptoheaven.com? Can Postfix be implemented with such feature? Thanks....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb Setting Up an Encrypted Email Server - How?

Could anyone let me know how I could set up an encrypted email hosting/server like hushmail.com or cryptoheaven.com?
    Can Postfix be implemented with such feature?
    Thanks.

It's not that hard to search with google :

Postfix TLS Support

Just Joined!
    I see, but my aim is to set up an mail server that keeps all users emails encrypted on the server (with 4096 bit RSA asymmetric key encryption) as well as the facility to send and receive encrypted emails with other users who also have email accounts on the same server, just like hushmail and cryptoheaven do.
    Plus, the facility to send anonymous email and remain totally anonymous, and any track record of where your email is sent and received from are eliminated, rendering the emails untraceable, would also be a good feature. Cryptoheaven does that!
    Gotcha? Anyfurther help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    For the encryption you can use GPG.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoogyMaster View Post
    For the encryption you can use GPG.
    Do you mean that every client would have to encrypt their messages manually for every email?
    Do you know how Cryptoheaven works?
    I'd like the server to take charge of that seamlessly, that is, once every user set up their email account and in the process generated their encryption key, everything would be done automatically, in a way that every account and storage would remain encrypted with the each user's key, whereby not even the sysadmin would have access to it.

Just Joined!
    Hi
    I'd be grateful if anyone could help me with this project.
    Thank you.

Probably you get no answers, because this is a complicated topic and it will result in a time consuming and expensive planning and setup project.
    My suggestion is to hire a consultant or specialized agency, if you do not have the resources to do it yourself/in house.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irithori View Post
    Probably you get no answers, because this is a complicated topic and it will result in a time consuming and expensive planning and setup project.
    My suggestion is to hire a consultant or specialized agency, if you do not have the resources to do it yourself/in house.
    I'm truly surprised by your statement. With our privacy (and yours too) being assaulted on daily basis, one would expect that such facility could BY NOW be available in most Linux distros!
    Shocking!