Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am new to Linux, I installed redhat Linux 5. I am trying to connect through putty but no luck. Can anyone help!!! FYI... i am enclosing the screen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

connectivity problem

Hi,

I am new to Linux, I installed redhat Linux 5. I am trying to connect through putty but no luck.

Can anyone help!!!

FYI... i am enclosing the screen shots

Regards,
    K
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just Joined!
    First lets check if you can ping the box. Sometimes when you use Virtual Environments they are setup to use either host only or NAT. With that being said could you post the settings for the virtual machine as it relates to the networking.

Just Joined!

Installation procedure

Hi,

I installed centos 6.3 on vmware. I am trying to install oracle11g R2, can you please let me know where i can find procedure for centos

thanks in advance
    T

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by k357911 View Post
    Hi,

I installed centos 6.3 on vmware. I am trying to install oracle11g R2, can you please let me know where i can find procedure for centos

thanks in advance
    T
    Best place would be to follow the guide from the oracle installation site. I say that because they are constantly changing the parameters on the sysctl.conf file However you can also use my staging script that I wrote about a year ago. I posted this in another thread on here. http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/red...se-why-ar.html