Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by amithad I Installed Centos myself. I want to know whether the administrator who knows my root password install some VNC like software. You installed CentOS, so by ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by amithad View Post
    I Installed Centos myself. I want to know whether the administrator who knows my root password install some VNC like software.
    You installed CentOS, so by default you are the administrator for the computer you are using.
    Have you given someone else administration rights on your system?
    can others login locally on the PC?
    or are you worried about someone accessing your PC by guessing a use name and password?

Dear Jonathan,

I installed my Linux box and the administrator knows my root password. I have two accounts in my PC. time to time administrator is also login to the system.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    So, I think your best bet would be, quiet frankly, to ask.
    If you have something to hide, always assume the worse and you'll have nothing to fear.
    I agree the best way is to ask

Quote Originally Posted by amithad View Post
    I installed my Linux box and the administrator knows my root password. I have two accounts in my PC. time to time administrator is also login to the system.
    either you trust the admin or access has been imposed on you ... if it's been imposed then all you can do is keep it in mind when using the system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2