Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, I don't have apache or anything even resembling a server on my box. All I have is my laptop running Mandrake 9.0. My husband and I use it to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Keylogger

Ok, I don't have apache or anything even resembling a server on my box. All I have is my laptop running Mandrake 9.0. My husband and I use it to connect to the net. I have bad feelings that he's up to something though and I'd like to put something in the kernel that will pretty much work like all those windows keylogger spyware things that cost $100. I want to log all chat and mail and such all the time.

I've looked and googled through many pages. I found one article dealing with changing the interrupts for the keyboard ports and loggin in hex or binary. It wasn't all that specific and I'm afraid if I go that far into my system I'll kill it. I found Uberkey...I haven't tried it yet but it doesn't look too good. I even looked at the hardware loggers, but this is a laptop...so I can't really slide something inbetween the keyboard and the box.

Please help. I have an intermediate to slightly strong knowledge of linux, but the machine lang. level changes scare me. I really need to see for myself what's going on.

Thankyou

Linux Guru
    Hi,

Welcome to Elitelinux.com, glad to see you have found us.

This type of question is not really appropriate for these forums, if you want a keylogger, go to www.packetstormsecurity.com and search there.

Forum Rules:
    http://www.this_site_does_not_exist/viewtopic.php?t=2

Cheers,

Jason