Find the answer to your Linux question:
1) I am using a script to access a website that used an SSL cert to secure communication. 2) The site changed its certificate. 3) Now my script is receiving ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ssl certificate updation

1) I am using a script to access a website that used an SSL cert to secure communication.
    2) The site changed its certificate.
    3) Now my script is receiving an error around the SSL certificate
    4) i would like to continue accessing the site via script, and are looking for what can be modified at my end to continue doing this.

The error I am getting is
    Javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:sun.security.v alidator.validatorException:PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertpath.suncert pathBuilderException:unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    At com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLExceptio n

"unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Either you don't have access to the resource that issued the certificate, or this new certificate is not valid.

It could be an issue with the certificate itself - java is trying to read from the trail from the cert issuer/signer down to the owner, and it's failing somewhere - could be failing to read from a particular certificate authority, or it could be that the DN information in the cert doesn't point at the right place.

Can you access the SSL site normally with a regular web browser? Does it present you with a new cert to install in your local cert store?

I'd raise it with the people running the other end of this connection - they might have screwed up their certificate issuance.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    We have got new certificate from the other side. But I am not sure how to update this in /usr/shr/ssl directory.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Look in the Apache configuration for the web site in question - it'll point at its certificates. Just move the old ones out of the way and replace them with the new ones, then restart your web server.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    We have to change in the Linux server. At the web server end, the certificate is already updated. We are not sure how to update in the Linux server.