Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roxoff
For those Tails users the 1.0 version has been released. It can be obtained here..... https://tails.boum.org/download/index.en.html...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Tails 1.0 released

For those Tails users the 1.0 version has been released. It can be obtained here.....
    https://tails.boum.org/download/index.en.html
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by e0a View Post
    good luck !
    mark1212121
    Been using it for awhile it quite a good security distro.

Just remember if you have your router locked down with MAC Address filtering to turn off the MAC address spoofing or you'll not be able to get onto the interweb. I was playing around with a Live USB of TAILS the other day and the XP Look was really cool. Even had the little IE icon for your Iceweasel browser, LOL. I'll probably keep a Live USB around for those times when I want to get onto the interweb in Public to see what's going on but don't want to risk my laptop's security.
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"

Quote Originally Posted by docbop View Post
    Been using it for awhile it quite a good security distro.
    I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that this is not a security distribution, but an anonymity distribution.

Anything that uses TOR should -never- be considered to be a security tool. If you're not talking SSL (i.e. using an encrypted channel) to talk to another party, then you're potentially exposing your credentials to multiple proxied connections - i.e. your data is passing, readably, through more hands not fewer. And even for SSL stuff, if the keys in use aren't strong enough, then your data packets could be cracked open.

It comes with some handy security encryption tools - but if you're running from a LiveCD, you can't save any keys of your own back to media (so if you want to do this, use a Live USB - and keep copies of the keys somewhere secure).

Don't misunderstand me here, though - I think this is a quality piece of kit. As far as anonymity goes it's probably as good as it gets. 100% of NSA leakers hiding in Russia cannot be wrong.
    Lazydog likes this.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, it is for anonymity and used my many journalists.