Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I'm sorry, this stuff just doesn't add up. It's a bad idea to start with a supposition and then try to prove it. Follow the evidence and see what it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I'm sorry, this stuff just doesn't add up. It's a bad idea to start with a supposition and then try to prove it. Follow the evidence and see what it tells you.

Just Joined!
    Yesterday, I booted to a live Fedora 20 CD purchased on Ebay.com. Completely quiet boot splash unless receive an error message. Thus, I could not read the the boot splash for preseed as I had when booting to Privatix CD.

var/log.boot.log: Starting Load/Save Random Seed...

I searched 'seed' in filesystem:

Seed type: program location: /usr/bin
    seed type: unknown location: /usr/lib/seed-gtk3
    random seed type: binary location: /var/lib/systemd

Like Privatix and PCLinuxOS FullMonty, Fedora 20 has preinstalled AmigaOS, MacIntosh files, MacOS, Atari, TOS (Atari operating system), ham radio and nintendo.

Like PCLinuxOS FullMonty, Fedora 20 has Lilypond for MacOS (sheet music). Like Privatix, fake microcode is injected into the videocard.

Fedora 20 also has squashfs, busybox and multiple initrd, etc. See http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/sec...tml#post950611

Quote Originally Posted by BadBIOSVictim View Post
    a live Fedora 20 CD purchased on Ebay.com.
    why purchase what is free? and from ebay, of all places! no wonder it's no good. probably someone sold it with the intention to confuse badbios victims.

and nothing you write actually proves anything.
    you know, my /boot/grub/i386-pc folder is full of atari tracker files. really? no, not really. they just happen to have the same file extension.

how does finding files named *seed* in your system prove anything?
    i took a picture of a seed and called it seed.jpg.

and wth is wrong with squashfs or busybox? nothing!
    and what's wrong with multiple initrd? because i don't know.
    no really, please explain how this proves the existence of malware? any kind of malware, doesn't have to be the sort of spooky uber-malware you seem to be droning on about. please, do it already! any kind of real proof!

you know before the advent of the internet, there used to be these folks (quite many actually) that claimed to hear voices in the static on your radio. they even made recordings of it. voices of the deceased, aliens and all sorts of malvolent or benevolent creatures. whoa, scaaary!

Yeah this really is a bizarre story. To be honest it just sounds like you know a little about something but not enough to really know what you're doing.

Have you ever tried scanning .jar files with ClamAV? Apparently my entire java installation is Windows viruses

Just Joined!
    nihili, the reason why I purchased Fedora 20 from ebay and the forensics I performed on Fedora is at
    BadBIOS tampered Fedora & Korora (Fedora remix) DVDs - FedoraForum.org

nihili, the atari files in Fedora and Privatix are not in /boot/grub/i386-pc. Nor do atari files have the same file extension. Are you thinking of .mod files? Atari files are not .mod files. Furthermore, Atari files have the word 'atari' in their file name. Both distros also have TOS (Atari operating system).

In the above-referenced thread, I described the name, type and location of atari and TOS files in Fedora 20. In the Privatix thread, I did likewise.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/onions/comme...treaming_amiga

nihili, how squashfs, busybox and preseed are evidence of malware and spyware is whether they were preinstalled in the distro by the developers. Did Fedora 20 developers preinstall them? I cannot find a list of preinstalled packages in the fileystem nor on fedora's website. Hence, in the Fedora thread, I asked for a list of preinstalled packages.

Privatix's website does not have a list of preinstalled packages. The developer did not leave a valid email address. I don't know whether the developers infected Privatix or if hackers performed a man in the middle attack while I was downloading it. No other user of Privatix replied to my five privatix threads on reddit and in this forum.

nihili, in the UBCD thread you referred to PCLinuxOS's forum and wrote that it contained a link to a list of preinstalled packages in PCLinuxOS FullMonty. I replied I didn't see a link. Could you please give the actual URL to the list of preinstalled packages?

nihili, you don't think a distro having squashfs, busybox and preseed is strange but do you know any distros that do that are not infected?

Just Joined!
    bigtomrodney, excellent recommendation to scan .jar files with ClamAV.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBIOSVictim View Post
    bigtomrodney, excellent recommendation to scan .jar files with ClamAV.
    Sorry man, that was actually a joke. Historically ClamAV would find a lot of virus false positives there.

is badbiosvictim human? is s/he an alien on a mission?
    i just read the fedora forum thread; it's kind of impressive how s/he just keeps on preaching the same uncooked stuff and gets rejected in the very same way as here and fails to notice and just keeps on and on...
    reminds me of jehovahs witnesses.

but, despise not the madman preaching alone on a windy hill!

i just found some maybe related stuff:
    Activist Post: CNN 'Most Trusted Name in News' Finally Admits Cars are Hackable, No Mention of Hastings

especially interesting the darpa video (already 2 years old):
    DARPA PM Kathleen Fisher, High Assurance Systems - YouTube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2