Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got netcat,I`m trying to use it to test my network.I cant seem to keep the CMD line(black screen) open. Every time I give the nc a command the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need help with netcat

I just got netcat,I`m trying to use it to test my network.I cant seem to keep the CMD line(black screen) open. Every time I give the nc a command the black screen dissappears and nothing seems to happen.What am I doing wrong??????

Just Joined!

Re: need help with netcat

Quote Originally Posted by jtechman
    I just got netcat,I`m trying to use it to test my network.I cant seem to keep the CMD line(black screen) open. Every time I give the nc a command the black screen dissappears and nothing seems to happen.What am I doing wrong??????
    could possible be an installation issue. Are you sure the check.sh script passed every component when running the tests ??

Just Joined!

maybe this will help

Ive had this happen lots too but only for the windows version,it would disappear when Id try to set up a listener so I could use linux to connect to it,so if its windows your having trouble with it on then this might be it, but if its on linux then Im clueless,on windows you dont really need to install it simply make or place it in a directory. you can open the nc.exe file which opens the command line but if you do it that way,any incorrect syntax at all will make the command window just close like yours does,instead of using it directly like that,use it through DOS,navigate to its directory,(eg. I went to my computer and opened the local disk C: and in there I created a folder called tools and in that folder I created another called nc11nt and in there is where all of netcats files are so through DOS you would use the "cd" command(change directory) to find that folder,like this "cd C:\tools\nc11nt" you are now in netcats folder and if you just even typed "nc" netcats command line would pop up but you dont even need to do that,soon as you are in that directory,you can simply start typing commands and if its wrong it wont close because DOS keeps you in its directory anyway. hopefully that was the problem and it isnt anymore cuz I have a few issues with it myself and in a way I feel your pain,let me know how it works out and if its not even on windows where the problem lies then I really dont know