Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
just as a little note i have a home pc an i got 3 virus' (one was the blaster worm) and i hardly go on the internet at all!! i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

just as a little note i have a home pc an i got 3 virus' (one was the blaster worm) and i hardly go on the internet at all!!
    i read in an article that 1 in 7 e-mails carry a virus (that cause a virus gets picked up allong the way)

i just thought i say this to tell you that virus' are a very big threath even to a home pc.

ps norton anti virus 2003 and the firewall are the biggest sellers on the list of software in england and ireland
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

I think it depends though. Common sense and some knowledge will prevent most viruses. There are very few viruses that can even get you (without a virus scanner) without you doing something first. Blaster was one, and there were some that activated themselves through the preview pane in Outlook. But other than that, most viruses require you to go to some suspicious website, or open and attachment (which you should NEVER do unless you KNOW the person, and knew they were sending it to you.) I've never been infected by a virus, and it's also weird because I've never even received a virus by email.
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...

Just Joined!
    I would think that it would only effect the virtual drive you have created within your emulator. Espically if your using something like VMware.
    Correct me if I'm wrong

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3