Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is an OpenBSD OS on a Celeron box using pf.conf nat and ip forwarding rules. It can always use your review when we get the site behind the firewall I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    flw
    Linux Engineer

Is this setup for a firewall adequate?

Is an OpenBSD OS on a Celeron box using pf.conf nat and ip forwarding rules. It can always use your review when we get the site behind the firewall
    I realize that the above (from our hosting company) is not enough to draw any hard concluesions but is the software used enough for a non-ecomerce site enough for a marketing type page. It's a for a non-for profit religous grp.

I just am not familar with just using nat and forward rules on the same box. Also is "forward of rules" a ip chain or iptable solution or just redirects using functions of a PC based router?

I'd ask the guy I got the msg from but it takes 3 or more days to get a response back most of the time. He's not who I would have chosen do the job due to lack of customer service but its a done deal at this point.

Thanks for any help,
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    This might be a bit late based on the date you posted.
    IP Forwarding and NAT uses IP Tables.
    Sorry I don't know what pf.conf is.

This would be satisfactory, if the rules are setup correctly.
    If you want to check the PC using a simple test, try: http://scan.sygate.com/

If you want a very useful ip tables script with lots of rules that would probably suit without doing much modification, I'd recommend arno's firewall script. You can search for this on sourceforge since I forget the address.

Just Joined!
    hi,

i will suggest you http://firestarter.sf.net .Iam using this great software

and serving 21 windows/linux clients.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close