Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok guys.. ive heard lots of stuff regarding viruses ect. and linux. ive heard that there is NO viruses or spyware, ive heard that there is a little bit, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

viruses and spyware

ok guys.. ive heard lots of stuff regarding viruses ect. and linux. ive heard that there is NO viruses or spyware, ive heard that there is a little bit, and ive heard that its the same as windows. now im not on the net with my linux box yet.. (only because of wireless issues) but i was just wondering. is there accually no viruses and spyware ect. or is there?
    -ZAc-
    I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world because they\'d never expect it.

There are a few worms and such for linux, but most of them are more "proof of concept" than they are "in the wild". It's much more difficult to write an effective virus for linux than for Windows in general. I think there are about 50 viruses.

As for spyware, there really isn't anything out there; at the moment, it remains a Windows problem.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants