Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi people! Just wondering what you thought of Trustix and whether you've ever tried it.. http://www.trustix.org Trustix Secure Linux is a distribution for servers with a heavy focus on security ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What do you think of Trustix?

Hi people!

Just wondering what you thought of Trustix and whether you've ever tried it..

http://www.trustix.org

Trustix Secure Linux is a distribution for servers with a heavy focus on security and stability. One of the main features of Trustix is its small size which combined with easy updating by the automated secure software updater swup, makes it a smooth and inviting system to administer.

Seems nice, I've never tried it though. I prefer OpenBSD for security but if you don't like BSD's this seems like a good option.

Just Joined!
    Yes, OpenBSD has a GREAT security record and is highly commended!

However, if your a linux bod (like me) then BSD can seem a little alien, especially to administrate.

Please try it sometime if you get the chance

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    There are a lot of distros claiming to be secure. There isn't a distro out ther ethat is secure. Not even BSD's. Because there is always going to be holes in software and stuff like that. So, I don't see why BSD claims it is secure. It is all how you set up the different programs and such. Like not allowing you to log into root via ssh. And other settings that you should set.

Just Joined!
    Exactly..

This is why Trustix comes with secure defaults.. stack protection.. & VERY fast, GPG signed , automated updates

By default nothing is open

Just Joined!
    I have been working with Trustix since 1.5 version, and all i can say that is an asome distribution. From security aspects its really nice to see that everything is disabled from the biggining, and with swup its easy to have your system up to date.

If you work as an Administrator i can proudly recomend this distribution.

Cheers!