Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Not entirely sure that this is the right place but...I have a group of users that remotely SSH to my server and I would like to make sure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Restrict User File Access

Hi all,

Not entirely sure that this is the right place but...I have a group of users that remotely SSH to my server and I would like to make sure that they can only access /sites/xzxzxz/xzxzxz/xzxzzx (folder) and /bin/ping (not ping but program does need access to tcp 1215 or something not by unix filesystem type connection though) and /shxxeuxexr/downloads/rxn (folder) for example. What would be the best way about this, they also have to access these things only via FTP. I'd love a solution, thanks. (server setup done, just need help with the user security stuff above)

Kind Regards
    Mark Rawson

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Have you already chmod the dir's for individual and group rights? There is a tut on this if you need it in the tutorial section.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Once you chmod all the dirs, I would set up another dir (/pub or something) to be the default dir that they log in w/ ssh/ftp and lock them in that dir. Then, make symlinks to what you want them to have access to in the other dir.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy