Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Im in the process of setting up a Cobalt Raq 4 web server and im looking for a sutible firewall for it. I do have a netgear router / ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Firewall

Hi

Im in the process of setting up a Cobalt Raq 4 web server and im looking for a sutible firewall for it. I do have a netgear router / firewall combo but no software firewall which from my experiances with Windoz seems to rather an advantage. As im rather new to Linux a simple one with a web interface would be very usefull. All suggestions are very much aprecitated!

Banned

You already have a firewall, but it will be easier to administrate if you have a front end for it. There are several. I prefer Guarddog.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the info. I have seen guardog and firestarter but i cant use them because i can only acces them through a bash prompt through telnet or ssh. Hence the requirement for a web interface preferbly. It also has to be compatible with kernal 2.2 as Sun have stoped doin patches a long time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Mytob
    Thanks for the info. I have seen guardog and firestarter but i cant use them because i can only acces them through a bash prompt through telnet or ssh. Hence the requirement for a web interface preferbly. It also has to be compatible with kernal 2.2 as Sun have stoped doin patches a long time ago!
    Smoothwall springs to mind: it has a web interface.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Iv seen Smoothwall but it is one that it is run on another PC isnt it? Going along that line what are peoples veiws on Mandriva Multi Network Firewall? Is it any good?

Just Joined!

Need a Source Code for linux firewall in C language

Hie Everyone
    I am in an urgent need of a source code for linux firewall in C. i dont need any good user interface. i am just intrested in a source code in C language which will block or accept the incomming and outgoing packets according to the user input which he will give by looking at the contents of the packet which mainly includes
    1. The source and destination IP
    2. The application name
    for allowing or denying of the packet.
    please if anyone is having one...do send me....
    I am urgently in a need of such code.