Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am facing a problem. This might be little bit irritating for but I am required a solution. I am using SAMBA server on REDHAT 7.x & Advance server 3 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile some body help me

I am facing a problem. This might be little bit irritating for but I am required a solution. I am using SAMBA server on REDHAT 7.x & Advance server 3 to share files on the LAN. I am using a very simple configration as given below.
    I have also changes SECURITY = SHARE
    ========================================
    [share]

comment = samba share
    path = /myfolder
    browseable = yes
    writeable = yes
    public = yes
    create mask = 0765
    share modes = yes
    ========================================

nothing else and files are available for every body from their windows based workstations. They can use the files and create new files as the permissions of all files is 777. We can not reduce or tight the permissions.
    I want to hide the files from appearing for every body as they do not have to open/create the files directly. Please give me some ideas

Can you please clarify what it is that you want to accomplish here? I am quite confused as to your goal after reading your post...
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Personally, I'd set up user security, and force the group of files in this directory to be 'users', with group read, write and execute permissions. As long as all your users are in the 'users' group, you can protect everyone's personal shares and keep the shared area open.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/