Find the answer to your Linux question:
Haiii to all.... I was in deep trouble with my web server, which was hacked now. I am using an dedicated managed web server as I dont have much knowledge ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need Urgent help please, server is hacked

Haiii to all.... I was in deep trouble with my web server, which was hacked now. I am using an dedicated managed web server as I dont have much knowledge on firewalls and security I had decided to take managed server but now even my managed server is been attacked. I dont have much knowledge of this server and now I dont know what to do.... Can anyone help me please. When I type any of my domain name its showing

IP Logged Successfully.

This page has been Hacked.

Any Questions: MSN-->tz4r@hackermail.com EMAIL:tz4r.pr0@gmail.com

Remember...Tz4r in your live.

should i send any mail to him, or what to start.... Please help as early as possible.
    I will be thankful if you can help me.

With Regards,
    kiran.

Banned
    I would not email him to be honest.
    Firstly whois his ip address. Send an email to the isp so they can sort that out.

Then go get a rootkit to check if he has installed anything nasty on there.
    Change your bloody passwords to something exceptionally strong.

And start over.

Just Joined!

Can u help me more

Thank you Mr. Andrew but i will be more thankful if u can help me more on which rootkit should I install Can i use chkrootkit or else would u recommend some other one. Is running of chkrootkit is only sufficient or else should I do anything more. And also please what is Firstly whois his ip address. I am using fedora core2 Is chkrootkit rpm is available for it, I think its only for core 3,4,5. Please help me.
    Thank you,
    with regards,
    kiran.

Banned
    ok
    Code:
     whois {ip}
    should be sufficent. As for the rootkit I have never used one to be honest. Never needed one. here is a tutorial by one of my friends. Good luck!