Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! Can anyone tell me which DNS does mozilla use to translate addresses ? Or where it is kept ? I want to do some custom firewalling so I would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Mozilla DNS Server

Hi! Can anyone tell me which DNS does mozilla use to translate addresses ? Or where it is kept ? I want to do some custom firewalling so I would like to now.
    Another question : How safe is Guarddog when configured tightly ? is there any way that hackers can fake their IP's so they look like my mail server etc. Which services are safe to stop ? Why don't we (the forum members) post at topic on esatblishing basic security ? I downloaded all the HOWTO;s on netfilter.org but it would be nice to have it all simply explained Thank you.

Linux Guru
    Mozilla uses the same DNS configuration as every other program: /etc/resolv.conf.

Would you mind enlightening me on what Guarddog is?

Linux Newbie
    Guarddog is a frontend for configuring iptables. It is a program written in C. You can get it at www.simonzone.com I think. Thanks for the response Dolda2000.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    When Mozilla crashes where can I read the reason ? ei. where is the log file kept ?

Try starting mozilla from an xterm and see how it's crashing and what it tells you there. That's usually the best place to start trying to fix/find bugs.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy