Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
Windows Server Security Issues – need advice
It’s parameters are CPU 2GHZ, 1GB RAM, HDD60GB, 100MBIT.
I am trying to make a free hosting service out of it. So naturally security concerns me now…
Tell me please is there any windows software that would help me to protect my server and free hosting service from hackers and other bad folks?
1. What antivirus software is the best for my VDS?
2. How to protect from DDOS, and any kind of denial of service?
3. How to secure each new user from other users?
4. What monitoring application should I install?
5. How many users I could host on? Script is in PERL written - EASYHOST2.0?
6. What else could I install on VDS to protect myself – because I have no clue yet ?
I find it curious that you posted a question specific to Windows 2003 Server on Linux Forums.
Am I misunderstanding you--are you really running something under Linux?
While there may be someone here who has a good answer for you, you are much more likely to find Windows answers elsewhere.
Here are a few forums you might try: