Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Since I downloaded the full open-source Linux-distro BLAG, and installed it and removed it again, www.blagblagblag.org is very frequently trying to get access to my PC (according to the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Why is www/blagblagblag.org continuisly scanning my port

Hello,

Since I downloaded the full open-source Linux-distro BLAG, and installed it and removed it again, www.blagblagblag.org is very frequently trying to get access to my PC (according to the ZoneAlarm block list).

I consider this very suspect and also uncomprehensible, for a Linux-distro which claims to be morally superb (to only deal with truly open source).

Can somebody explain this, or has anybody more info on the organisation behind BLAG (through Google I did not find anything disturbing!).

PS
    At the installation it was remarked that SELinux (security?) deliberately was not activated. Why is that?

Best Regards
    Joepi

Well, the selinux is no big deal, many (perhaps most) don't use it out of the box (debian and ubuntu don't use it by default).

I would get a log of the times/date and ips that are port scanning and post to the blag forum asking about it.
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!

Lightbulb

if the times in the log (mentioned above) are spaced with the same time, it might be an automated process. I suggest asking BLAG directly about this. Or at least change IP if possible if there is no reply by BLAG when you ask.

Just Joined!

Blag

I think now that the people of BLAG itself probably will have nothing to do with this.

So sorry for the bad idea that I gave.

Possibly something on www.blagblagblag.org is sending signals. Or a triviallity is going on.

Greetings