Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guyse, my graduated project in the college is to show how to bypass proxy restrection, and i decided to publish an openssh server in my home and connect to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

openSSH working but very slow please help

Hi guyse,

my graduated project in the college is to show how to bypass proxy restrection, and i decided to publish an openssh server in my home and connect to it through putty and make the port forwarding. It works very nice except that it is really slow. i tried it from another places it is fast except from college. I sniffed the packets while authentecating to the ssh server from college and i found that the proxy server in college is sending back the packets to the putty host because of the incorrect number of the error cheching . i need to make it really fast any idea. the algorithm i am using is the default setting of putty and openssh no more except that the ssh server are published on the 443 port.

please help me on this ?

I am not sure but is it the blue coat appliance they use but i tried it in another place which is more secure than this and it works fast.

please update me and help and if somebodey faced before this slow issue please advice

thanks m8s in advance

Sounds like it's the proxy they are using. It might be trying to sniff traffic or something.

Just Joined!
    You could alway try changin the port to something more standard like 8080