Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm currently having a problem with logging into my SFTP server. After installing OpenBSD i have added two users "Blue" and "Red". To prevent movement around the rest of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Remote SSH Access Problem

I'm currently having a problem with logging into my SFTP server. After installing OpenBSD i have added two users "Blue" and "Red". To prevent movement around the rest of the server, i went to "/" and did chmod to prevent poking around. All of the files have the ability to execute, but not read or write or other users.

After changing the sshd_config file in /home/ssh to allow ssh access for the root as well as a few other things. After doing this i then created ssh keys, added them into the authorized_keys file in each of the users .ssh file and copied the files off onto a usb drive. I then rebooted and attempted to access the SFTP server from another computer using the keys.

I am able to gain access to the server using the root account no problem. However as soon as i try with Blue or Red an issue comes up. I'm using WinSCP, and it says that it server rejects the key, even though the server was the one that created the key. Help anyone?

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XWolfeX View Post
    I am able to gain access to the server using the root account no problem. However as soon as i try with Blue or Red an issue comes up.
    Check permissions on .ssh and the files in it: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ser...-password.html

Just Joined!
    Thanks, that solved my problem

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close