A couple of "easy" questions worth being stikied and answered
What's the problem / What happens if:
1) Running Open Office as user and opening a .doc that contains a virus
2) Running Microsoft Office on wine as user and opening a .doc that contains a trojan
3) What's the problem between logging, running an X session as root and do everything as root VS logging and starting X as a user and launch XEmacs (or firefox) as root?
4) If there is an exploit (e.g. buffer overflow) does it makes a difference between being user or root?
5) Do you install applications as root? Consider the distro packages (e.g. apt repositors) VS tarball from some webpage cenarios.
6) How to deal with free closed source? Like unrar, opera, kqemu, vmware ... (these last two need root access at some point)
more to come... :p