Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear All, I have one server which is work as web-server, with Linux,Php,apache,mysql. Most of time it goes to hang state in pick hours. In pick hours many users are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hang state

Dear All,

I have one server which is work as web-server, with Linux,Php,apache,mysql.
    Most of time it goes to hang state in pick hours. In pick hours many users are connected in mysql application. all hardware is latest model and higher configuration. Please suggest me which parameter is check for every hours to avoid this situation. I have already write script in cronttab for disk utilization.
    But it gives only information. Please reply.

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'pick hours' ?

Also define 'hang'. Does the machine completely freeze and need rebooting, or is it just very slow?

If it freezes completely, check /var/log/messages - could be a kernel panic. If it just runs very slow, it'd be beneficial to log 'load' with vmstat. Set this command running:

vmstat 30 > /tmp/vmstats.log

, and leave it running for day or so. You'll need to do a bit of reading up on what the output of vmstat means, but all the information you'd need is there: memory usage, swap usage, disk I/O, cpu usage etc.

Just Joined!

Smile thank you

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your good suggetion.
    For you information "Pick hours" mean the time span where transation on server is very high.
    so i will try for your script.
    i will reply soon.