Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Hi all, Are any one aware of open source CPE implementation ?I am looking for such a solution and still not found one.Any inputs are appreciated. My CPE is a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

TR-069 open source CPE implementation

Hi all,
    Are any one aware of open source CPE implementation ?I am looking for such a solution and still not found one.Any inputs are appreciated.
    My CPE is a set top box.

Regards,
    s.subbarayan

Just Joined!

sourceforge.net

I found open source CPE and ACS projects at sourceforge.net

How about an enquire to the above link for CPE free source?

Regards,
    Sunder

Just Joined!

Open source CPE not found in source forge,any other links?

Hi,
    I tried googling in Source forge for CPE without results.Even another member has stated in this website the same.Can let me know where in source forge u found CPE implementation?Any links will be helpful.

Regards,
    s.subbarayan

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Hi,

the link has project on TR-069 network terminal. The source is not yet published, but you may ask the admin of the project by shooting an email.

Regards,
    Sunder

Just Joined!

Thumbs up Ready to join ya

Quote Originally Posted by peerless View Post
    Hi guys i am interested in TR069 development..Let me know how many of you are interested in it
    hello peer,

i have to design support for wimax devices...
    would like to work with you... but just got the project today itself...
    provide me with the links to get basic info about the development steps...
    thx

Just Joined!

Free TR-069 client testing

Gatespace.com has an online ACS available to anyone who registers - it can be used to test CPE TR-069 implementations for basic adherence to the spec.

There's also a client executable that can be downloaded and run on a Linux workstation if that's helpful as a reference.

Who knows, if you contact there biz dev people, they may be willing to help start some kind of openSource project.

Just Joined!
    Hi friends,
    I am also trying to implement tr69 cpe device(i:e client side).I am using c,c++ language to implement that.I am implementing inform method in client side .I am having one problem:

i dont know how to implement the falllowing:

when cpe device first uses the access network(means the initial installation of cpe) the i have to notify this to acs server.

How do i check the initial installation of cpe.

Just Joined!
    TR-069 requires the CPE to initiate all communications (if you don't count the connectionRequest method). And, the Inform method is the generic construct of the message the CPE sends to get a dialogue going. There are many "types" of inform message, and in an operational system, the CPE must send an Inform that presents the most accurate picture of its current state (eg. sending an Inform of BootStrap after the CPE comes up after a power-cycle).

It is the CPE's responsibility to know when the Inform is required - some of the events that trigger an Inform are:
    * First Use of the CPE
    * Immediately following a reboot
    * on a periodic interval requested by the ACS (like, once every 24hours)
    * after a local change to a parameter which has the Active Notification Attribute assigned to it
    * and, so on

If the ACS has anything to "say" to the CPE, it is sent as a response to the Inform.

If you want a simple test of your CPE functionality, the ACS available at the Gatespace.com website will allow you to see the Inform you are sending and verify that it is valid. Once you register for an account on that server, you must insert the device ID your CPE is using into your account... you will only see Inform messages from a CPE using the recorded device ID for your account.

From there... if the ACS recognizes your Inform, you'll be able to subscribe to a response, which will allow the ACS to send a method to the CPE (ie. the next method you are trying to test).

Did that get to the root of your question, or were you actually asking a different question?

Just Joined!

tr69

Thank you sir for responding me.

1.I needed to know that what will be the source code to check the initial installation of cpe so that i can notify this event to acs server.
    2.One more problem is while cross-compiling the for arm board IXDPG425 it gives error as:
    undefined reference to pthread_spin_init
    undefined reference to pthread_spin_destroy
    i included pthread.h still it is giving the same error.

Please guide me.

Quote Originally Posted by dunder View Post
    TR-069 requires the CPE to initiate all communications (if you don't count the connectionRequest method). And, the Inform method is the generic construct of the message the CPE sends to get a dialogue going. There are many "types" of inform message, and in an operational system, the CPE must send an Inform that presents the most accurate picture of its current state (eg. sending an Inform of BootStrap after the CPE comes up after a power-cycle).

It is the CPE's responsibility to know when the Inform is required - some of the events that trigger an Inform are:
    * First Use of the CPE
    * Immediately following a reboot
    * on a periodic interval requested by the ACS (like, once every 24hours)
    * after a local change to a parameter which has the Active Notification Attribute assigned to it
    * and, so on

If the ACS has anything to "say" to the CPE, it is sent as a response to the Inform.

If you want a simple test of your CPE functionality, the ACS available at the Gatespace.com website will allow you to see the Inform you are sending and verify that it is valid. Once you register for an account on that server, you must insert the device ID your CPE is using into your account... you will only see Inform messages from a CPE using the recorded device ID for your account.

From there... if the ACS recognizes your Inform, you'll be able to subscribe to a response, which will allow the ACS to send a method to the CPE (ie. the next method you are trying to test).

Did that get to the root of your question, or were you actually asking a different question?

Just Joined!
    OK... I'm positive that I misunderstood the original question, now.

What client code are working with? Is it source you have downloaded from somewhere? If so, where?

What ACS are you connecting to?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast