Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
right now i am developing the client code in linux machine.Simultenously i am writting server code only for testing purpose .But my goal is to develope client side.So i am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

right now i am developing the client code in linux machine.Simultenously i am writting server code only for testing purpose .But my goal is to develope client side.So i am not finding a way to write a code which will check the cpe initial installation and inform it to server.Rest of the conditions for inform method i have implemented.

Whatever code i have written in linux is being ported to arm-linux ixdpg425 board.while cross compiling the errors are coming as i have already posted

Quote Originally Posted by dunder View Post
    OK... I'm positive that I misunderstood the original question, now.

What client code are working with? Is it source you have downloaded from somewhere? If so, where?

What ACS are you connecting to?

Just Joined!

Question how to implement RPC method???

hello all,
    thx for your discussion & earlier advice... i found gatespace server very useful.
    i am in middle of a problem again, n' looking for some help from you guys...
    i decided to use C++ & gSOAP toolkit to implement my CPE application.

i have created RPC methods using gSOAP to serve client's request. it is working fine.

but now as per the requirements defined in TR-069, the client should send the request in HTTP response packet and my server has to give response in HTTP Post packet...
    this is just opposite to SOAP standard, and gSOAP follows the normal method as specified by SOAP.

as i think, gSOAP just neglects any XML message that is present in HTTP Response packet.
    i wanted to know, has someone tried some RPC implementation for CPE with some success, and if yes, how???

also, has someone used gSOAP, please help me with how to tweak gSOAP to get the desired output... i.e. making my server, read SOAP request embedded inside a HTTP response packet, and how to modify my RPC method to be called this way.

any help would be very much valuable for me...
    thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by dunder View Post
    Gatespace.com has an online ACS available to anyone who registers - it can be used to test CPE TR-069 implementations for basic adherence to the spec.

There's also a client executable that can be downloaded and run on a Linux workstation if that's helpful as a reference.

Who knows, if you contact there biz dev people, they may be willing to help start some kind of openSource project.

Just Joined!
    i am using gsoap and c++ to implement tr69.But i have not tested the client with any actual acs server.i am goin to do that soon.But i have created a server containing some rpc methods .The client is well communicating with server.I think gsoap is not ignoring xml contents.If the xml content is wrongly constructed or the data or size is not matching then the xml file will be discarded.

Can u tell me which rpc method u r implementing.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    hello all,
    thx for your discussion & earlier advice... i found gatespace server very useful.
    i am in middle of a problem again, n' looking for some help from you guys...
    i decided to use C++ & gSOAP toolkit to implement my CPE application.

i have created RPC methods using gSOAP to serve client's request. it is working fine.

but now as per the requirements defined in TR-069, the client should send the request in HTTP response packet and my server has to give response in HTTP Post packet...
    this is just opposite to SOAP standard, and gSOAP follows the normal method as specified by SOAP.

as i think, gSOAP just neglects any XML message that is present in HTTP Response packet.
    i wanted to know, has someone tried some RPC implementation for CPE with some success, and if yes, how???

also, has someone used gSOAP, please help me with how to tweak gSOAP to get the desired output... i.e. making my server, read SOAP request embedded inside a HTTP response packet, and how to modify my RPC method to be called this way.

any help would be very much valuable for me...
    thx in advance

hey did u solve ur problem of http request n response in gsoap.if u r done please tell how.i am facing the same probs

Just Joined!
    I am also looking for tr-069 cpe client. Did someone get lucky getting opnesource for that? I am also open to contribute to tr-069 cpe client open source development. Any help in that regard will be highly appreciated.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikramswain View Post
    hey did u solve ur problem of http request n response in gsoap.if u r done please tell how.i am facing the same probs
    Follow this conversion, it would help!
    Search results for gsoap http post - MarkMail

Basically, to send http post, you can use soap_connect() instead of soap_response() in the RPC method code generated by soapapp2, in soapServer.c(pp).

/ha

Just Joined!

New Test Server - at Gatespace.com

Since this forum was previously interested in Online Test Servers, I thought I would write a quick post about the update to the Gatespace site that now includes access to a brand new online server for testing - the so-called tier 2 test, is a full ACS implementation that allows a set of PD-128 tests to executed and debugged - and, there is no subscription fee.

There is a fee-based service (tier 3), but the tier 2 service is very complete for most product qualification needs.

Just Joined!

Gatespace web-site is not accessible

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum, interested in knowing more about TR-069, ACS, CPE management as my current need requires managing a CPE, a residential gateway. I don't have any ACS device or software. Can some one help me in this regard. I tried with the web sites some of you have mentioned. Most of them are not accessible, esp gatespace.com. I don't know how to make use of the code obtained from opensource - Any help on this?

Just Joined!
    Hi,

could u please suggest me how to start with TR-069 client,is there any code demo from where i can get an idea.

Please, start a new thread, I will be closing this thread as it is several years old.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3