Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Hello Everyone! I am new to the forums and I have been looking for some information specifically for remote management for ADSL CPEs using TR-069. I wanted to know if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

TR-069 Information

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forums and I have been looking for some information specifically for remote management for ADSL CPEs using TR-069. I wanted to know if there was any open source packages out there or even distributions that could be used as a TR-069 server. Can anyone help me or direct me to a resource that could be helpful. Thanks much.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiimac View Post
    I am new to the forums and I have been looking for some information specifically for remote management for ADSL CPEs using TR-069. I wanted to know if there was any open source packages out there or even distributions that could be used as a TR-069 server. Can anyone help me or direct me to a resource that could be helpful. Thanks much.
    Unfortunately, no free software is available at this time and there are only a few informations availabe on the web. There are commercial ACS Servers, but they are rather expensive! See the Wikipedia article for a list[1]. And as a final problem, the TR-069 Report at dslforum.org is quiet hard to read - it provides no examples, no code snippets and nothing that would make things a bit more easier!

In my opinion, a good method to get started is the following:

A. Try to get a ACS Server Trial, Zyxel's Vantage for example
    B. Run ngrep or tcpdump on the host running the ACS Server
    C. Configure the Modem/Router's TR-069 to a short interval, for example 30 seconds. Doing so, it will send "Inform" request to the ACS every 30 seconds. You now may start analyzing ngrep/tcpdump's ouput...

Don't try to use Perl's SOAP::Lite Library; it can't be used due to the special SOAP handling used by TR-069. It's better to start by just creating SOAP-conform XML Files - they are usually only a few lines long and can easily be created manually!

1. TR-069 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just Joined!
    Thank you very much! I would take a look at the procedure you sent me and give it a try. Thanks bstocker!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Any more luck on this?
    I am also interested in possible implementation of TR-069 (or a subset of it)
    /F.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    Any more luck on this?
    I am also interested in possible implementation of TR-069 (or a subset of it)
    /F.
    There are still no open source projects. Unfortunately, I have no time to start one, but - maybe - I could provide some server-knowledge if someone wants to start a project.

Just Joined!

Tr-069

Hi,

I am also looking for open source code for TR-069 interface to manage the WAN CPE in our lab.
    May I know what approach I can have to begin to design the framework?
    Hope some one in the forum can come forward to help me.

What other skill set is required on Linux platform along with C++/Socket Programming skills to implement TR-069 services?

Thanks in advance,
    Sunder

Just Joined!
    Hi,

I am trying to find a free ACS to test my TR-069 client. Can anybody help me in this regard.

Subash.

Just Joined!
    Hi guys i am interested in TR069 development..Let me know how many of you are interested in it

Just Joined!

Me too

I am also joining you.

Just Joined!
    Hi guys,

I found open source CPE and ACS projects at sourceforge.net. I am also planning to start an open source Test ACS soon.

chk out these links
    SourceForge.net: The network terminal of tr069 protocol
    SourceForge.net: OpenACS
    SourceForge.net: FreeACS
    SourceForge.net: Open Source Auto Configuration Server

Except for the OpenACS, all other projects are empty.
    I was able to checkout OpenACS from svn, but there's no documentation on how to compile it, run it, etc. If you have any clue, pls let me know.

Subash.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast