Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone, im sure this question has been asked over and over by ppl new to linux like me but im wondering what would be the best distro for a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

looking to install linux as server for 3rd pc

Hey everyone, im sure this question has been asked over and over by ppl new to linux like me but im wondering what would be the best distro for a server. All i need is for it to run an FTP and a Ventrilo server, thats about it. I've heard ppl say its a personal preference but i have none hehe so im looking for a little bit of help on this.

Pretty much all of the main distributions will run the same applications. Debian based will run them differently then Redhat based. It's really up to you and you're preferences. No one can really help you decide because you know what you like best.

Personally I like Debian based distributions because I do not like dealing with RPMs. The way the system works is easier for my mind to understand then Redhat based distributions... I haven't used a Redhat based distribution for about five years though. It really is up to you.

There are many test like this one out there that will help you to asses which distribution would suit you best.
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206