Results 1 to 1 of 1
I am setting up a domain controller using Fedora core 6 and Samba 3.0.24-7. Windows XP Pro SP2 machines are able to join the domain, and users can login to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 08-20-2007 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
Linux permissions for Windows roaming profiles
Here is the procedure I have tried to setup a roaming profile:
1. mkdir /export/samba/profile/jjacko
2. chown jjacko /export/samba/profile
3. login from windows machine. Everything seems to work beautifully.
4. logoff from windows machine. Receive error message that "Windows cannot update your roaming profile..."
5. an empty file, prf217.tmp, now exists in my profile directory on the samba server, owned by jjacko.staff, permissions 640
6. Subsequent login attempts display the error message: "Windows cannot copy file \\Samba server\profile\jjacko\prf217.tmp to location C:\Documents and Settings\jjacko\prf217.tmp. ... DETAIL - Access is denied." I am then logged onto windows with a temporary profile.
Obviously I have some problem with permissions/ownership, but I can't figure it out. Any suggestions? I am also including smb.conf below. Thank you for your help.
workgroup = highland
netbios name = Samba server
encrypt passwords = yes
security = user
;Samba is the domain and local master browser
os level = 65
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon path = \\Samba server\profile\%U
; Network logon service
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
guest ok = yes
writable = no
share modes = no
; comment = User profiles
path = /export/samba/profile
create mode = 0640
directory mode = 0740
writable = yes
browsable = no
guest ok = yes