Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been looking for this answer everywhere, most people either dont understand what I'm asking or they dont want to help (they are obviously not Linux Guys) so I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DNS server problems

I have been looking for this answer everywhere, most people either dont understand what I'm asking or they dont want to help (they are obviously not Linux Guys) so I would like to put the question out to the forum, amongst other articles, I have also read the how stuff works DNS explaination, it was very useful in terms of the jargon.

My problem is this, I have setup a webserver at my office, I had previously registered a domain name, through hostweb.co.za and now I asked the guy from hostweb to point to my webserver he asked me for the following information:

1. Primary server FQDN:
    2. Primary server IP address:

3. Secondary server FQDN:
    4. Secondary server IP address

Ok now I dont have my own DNS server at my office so what do I do?

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    You could setup your own DNS servers or look for a third party DNS service provider.

Just Joined!

DNS servers

When I connect to the internet I use to DNS servers, in my TCP/IP settings, can I use those servers for my FQDN, are are they only for outgoing requests?

Pat, check your private messages, if you haven't already... i replied to your PM. See if that helps you at all... it might help you figure out what to search for.
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206