Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hoping someone can point me in the right directsion here. We have recently rebuilt our CENT OS 4.5 postfix mail server and have a problem with new user accounts. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't see mail in Inbox

Hoping someone can point me in the right directsion here.
    We have recently rebuilt our CENT OS 4.5 postfix mail server and have a problem
    with new user accounts. The new users can send mail no problem but they do not see the received email in their inbox under squirrel mail - webmail. The inbox data file in there home/user/mail dir is populated so the mail is delivered and you do not get a undelivered message. I guess there is a setting somewhere that needs to be changed so that they can viw the mail. Any ideas?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azwar View Post
    Hoping someone can point me in the right directsion here.
    We have recently rebuilt our CENT OS 4.5 postfix mail server and have a problem
    with new user accounts. The new users can send mail no problem but they do not see the received email in their inbox under squirrel mail - webmail. The inbox data file in there home/user/mail dir is populated so the mail is delivered and you do not get a undelivered message. I guess there is a setting somewhere that needs to be changed so that they can viw the mail. Any ideas?
    Azwar did you ever manage to resolve this issue I'm having the exact same issue on ubuntu 9.10 server edition?

Squirrelmail accesses email using IMAP. So you need to do the following:

1. Configure an IMAP server (ex: dovecot)
    2. Configure squirrelmail to connect to this IMAP server