Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am running a samba server i am fairly new to linux so i dont know lots of things but here is what happened a user has administrative rights and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

User Help!!!!

i am running a samba server i am fairly new to linux so i dont know lots of things but here is what happened a user has administrative rights and logged in to the local machine then through the machine tried to log into the server but lost access to 2 drives so then he logged off of admin the tried loggin in as his username but had still lost access to both drives any clue what could be going on and how to fix it any suggestions are greatly welcomed thank you

Umm...slow down, breathe, and please explain the problem a little more thoroughly and understandably.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    ok the server is being used with win 2k. he logged in localy in the machine as administrator to use a piece of software that does not work while logged in on the server but when he finished usinge the software he logged off and tried to open the z drive which i have named his documents and it did not work as well as his email he still has access to all his other drives but i have no clue whats going on.

Linux Guru
    Methinks (if I've understood the problem correctly... your description is a bit flakey) it's a bug in Windows, actually. Windows has severe problems with connecting to the same server using more than one username, and behaves in the most unexpected ways when you try to do that.