Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all i've read all your qouts and i want to cleare the point of view of Rcout question: 1- i need a software to push the updates of windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need a software to push the updates of windows on linux

hi all i've read all your qouts and i want to cleare the point of view of Rcout question:
    1- i need a software to push the updates of windows on linux coz i have anetwor of server running linux and clients running windows xp
    2- i can't let all clients to get updates by themselvs coz: i- it's not secure.
    ii- it makes a high traffic on my network.
    iii- not all client can take all updates coz some of updates make a conflict with some software.
    3- there is a program or addon named advanced proxy Advanced Proxy add-on for IPCop and SmoothWall it cache the updates on the server and the clients can get it from there but also this is not a solution.

finally we need a software run on linux to act as WSUS on win2k3 to give the network administrator the availability to push the updates for which pc or all of them.
    Thanks for all of you.
    Regards.

last I checked wsus was free. and if you have a domain why not just put wsus on one of your DC's instead of a dedicated machine? Assuming you have several dc's.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jledhead View Post
    last I checked wsus was free. and if you have a domain why not just put wsus on one of your DC's instead of a dedicated machine? Assuming you have several dc's.
    thats right but if my dc was win2k3 but here in this case my dc is linux, so i need a software for linux box to act as WSUS.
    hope that you got me and thanks for your reply.
    Regards

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close