Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I don't know much about bugtrackers. I'm looking for a basic, web-based open-source application with features such as... - a call from customers creates a new ticket. The ticket ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Question Bugtracking application?

Hello

I don't know much about bugtrackers. I'm looking for a basic, web-based open-source application with features such as...

- a call from customers creates a new ticket. The ticket can either be created manually by support personnel, or by an incoming phone call that is handled by the Asterisk PBX -> script -> bugtracker

- the whole ticket resolution must live in the thread. I live JoS' layout. The reason it's better than using e-mail is that support people will forget to either switch to the contact@ From persona and/or forget to include other support people in the Cc field, effectively cutting them out of the loop

- as an option, customers can read the whole thread without having to bother with a login/password, so the URL must be unique (eg. MD5-generated hash). The application must send an e-mail with the URL back to the customer once the ticket has been created.

Other features I should think about? Any application recommendation?

Thank you.