Find the answer to your Linux question:
i previously used my pc as a server while windows xp pro was the os.... now that im installing rh9, can i still use apache, mysql, php, phpMyAdmin, asp, n ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux server

i previously used my pc as a server while windows xp pro was the os.... now that im installing rh9, can i still use apache, mysql, php, phpMyAdmin, asp, n all the good stuff that goes along with servers?

Linux Newbie
    All of those features are pretty much built into and made for linux. RH9 should handle those with no problem. ASP, however might need a little more work to get working, as that is primarily a Windoze feature. Apache ASP should handle it.
    If you love something, emerge it

Linux Engineer
    of course you can use them with linux os.so go on!
    Linux For Ever!

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue|Fusion
    All of those features are pretty much built into and made for linux. RH9 should handle those with no problem. ASP, however might need a little more work to get working, as that is primarily a Windoze feature. Apache ASP should handle it.
    You can handle even ASP.net if you want too. If you use Redhat or Fedora than go to http://www.go-mono.org. I use Fedora Core 2 at the moment for my ASP.net project working under Linux.
    Computers Are Like Air Conditioners... They\'re both useless with Windows open!

linux is going to beat your xp dead on most every server function, linux is built around the server functions that if offers, desktop functionality is a relativly recent additon.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333